Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Beauty is as Beauty does


I haven't blogged in a while, I haven't felt inspired to do so. In the last 8 months some very life altering life changing,  and straight up shake up has happened in my life. As I search for deeper meaning for it or at the very least acceptance I still find one thing to be grateful about and  find beauty in some of the ashes daily. My daughter inspires me because she is brave,smart, a trendsetter and has a inner beauty and self esteem that I still hope for. She said "what am I going to do when I come out if my braids" I said "how about box braids she says "no"! I say"I have no idea then". She says I think I will just wear it natural. I was like okay I support that, being the super duper product queen that I am. I immediately logged on to my account at Oyin Handmade, I've had a love affair with them since about 2000. So I ordered her her personal hair kit. I didn't know how her hair would respond since I haven't done her hair in its natural state since she was about 8. Then, it was simple Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair butter and Hair Milk I had been using both of these products on Maia's hair since she was about two. So we drove over to University Ave in St Paul, MN to random braid place to remove the braids. I clarified her hair with my own mix(my special recipe) deep conditioned with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment and flat twisted her hair with Bee Mine Juicy and Burnt Sugar pomade . The thing I learned is that Maia feels beautiful no matter how she wears her hair which is deeply inspiring to me. For her its not about the style or choosing between natural and relaxed its about feeling good about yourself no matter what your style choice is. Lesson learned from the flyest 14 year old that I know.

Maia's Mix
Bee Mine Juicy www.beemine.com
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade www.oyinhandmade.com





1 comment:

Curl2Curl said...

Lee Lee! This was beautiful! MiMi is a gorgeous little lady with an equally beautiful spirit to match! Her natural hair is fierce! GET IT CURL!