Saturday, December 6, 2008

WINTER SKIN

Let talk about winter skin being that it is 13 degrees outside I thought that I would kick off my new blog talking about how to combat dry skin. Dry skin can cause your skin to crack,chafe,itch, and develop dry patches. There are several things that you can do. Here are some helpful ways to find relief and keep your dry itchy skin at bay.

1. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily this is essential to hydrate from the inside out.
2. Do not take long bathes or showers. The steam from he hot water causes your skin to dehydrate and that causes dryness.
Pat your skin dry after a shower and leave some of the water on your skin. Rub in your favorite oil. Some of my personal favorites are coconut oil, avocado oil, and jojoba oil. All of these oils can be found at your local natural food store. For extra dry skin layer with a body butter or lotion. My picks are Ary's natural body butter in the Orange Clove scent.
3. Do not use harsh soaps use something very gentle on your skin and that is very moisturizing. My pick would be DOVE moisturizing beauty bar and also African Black/Shea Butter soap in Mango.

No comments: