Friday, June 19, 2009

Blind Beauty

Do you believe beauty can come in all forms or fashion? I was so deeply moved by watching Hawthorne on TNT starring Jada Pinkette-Smith my she-roe since Lena James on A Different World. The show was excellent and I encourage you all to watch Tuesday nights at 8:00. One of the characters on the show was a beautiful woman very smart and caring that I would describe as a J-Lo type. There was EMT working with her in the hospital who was actively courting her and she kept turing her down for dates. At one point she said no you don't want to go out with me because I am damaged goods. Wow, that blew my mind damaged goods and in that moment I related to her because often I felt that same exact way. For me I had a great father who was present in my home and he provided for me and my sister and we never lacked for anything. Most important he modeled how a man treats a woman and he treated my mother like she was a the most important woman in the world. Together they raised my sister and I to value and to love God, be kind, honest, and to save our money. But what I walk away from the lessons that my Dad taught me was that he loved me unconditionally and supported me through out my mistakes no matter what. I was a difficult kid to raise mainly because I have attachment issues from being adopted at 5 months old. My parents loved me hard and made me feel very secure and had other people in my life who did they very same things like my God Parents. But I never believed that any one could ever truly love me even though I knew that people did. I felt like I was the poor little adopted girl that people just had to love. SO many times I would do things sometime horrible things to challenge my parents and test so to speak their love. Praise Jesus, the loved me anyhow and so did my sister. In high school, I never put myself out there to have boyfriends and such, but one day I met this young man who was a little bit older than me who showed me this same unconditional type of love, I didn't know quite what to do with it he was the most loving, caring real person that I ever been privileged in knowing, and what is so deep other people could tell his love for me. To refrain from being like Superhead I will not name names but I will reveal initials LOL. If you know me you know who he is any way. My behavior was much of the same the more I pushed TSP away the more he loves me. Then one day I pushed too far however in my mind I just knew he would be there because he told me that he would and then had the nerve to say that "I needed to live some and then come back"LOL, I did live my life made some mistakes however we never re-connected in fact I found out on Facebook that he got married. So, I'm happy for him his wife is very lucky. But I thought about him when I was watching Hawthorne because the EMT never gave up. During a crisis in the hospital a patent went crazy and had a knife and stabbed the character with the prosthetic leg in the thigh, she stood there not in pain, no blood running down her leg and embarrassed because now her secret is out in front of him. He says to her I guess that I'll bring over the scapulae when I pick you up for our date. I just about fell of of the couch she then tells her friend played by Jada Pinkette-Smith that she had a date and that this is the first man who did run she seemed hopeful and excited. When he comes to her home and she opens the door he hands her a jar a scapulae with a bow on top and the camera pan to the full body view and she is standing there with a beautiful dress on with her prosthetic leg out and he tells her how beautiful she looks. Okay yall, I cry at stuff like and the tears started to flow because it was so beautiful then I thought about how when someone really likes, love and thinks that your beautiful it shows in their eyes. That exchange so deeply beautiful I still think abut it smile. So I go back to my original thought is there beauty in all shapes and fashion I believe so. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

No comments: