Sunday, June 7, 2009

BLUSH AND NUDE LIPS

Since I'm at home chillin with a bum hand all of my creative juices are flowing. When I was a little girl there was a beautiful lady at my church named Shug and no not Shug Avery. Anyway Shug had her hair feathered with a part and feathered in the back almost like Farrah Fosett but African American but wait........ she looked like Natalie Cole in one of her early album covers. What I remember most about Shug is that she wore the latest fashions smelled good and always had on blush and glossy lipstick. The blush, I think every black women used this and appled their cheek and then blushed it up into the hair line at least that's what I saw my mother do. Seriously, some looked like clowns and some looked like they should have been standing on the corner trying to sell it. Wowsa, black women have had a love hate relationship with Blush. There are some things to keep in mind while picking your shade and applying blush. I recently became excited about blush again since NARS came out with Orgasm a few years back. I loved the shade and that I works well with all shades. Then I went to the MAC counter where my artist Jen hooked me up with a few more shades. On a shopping trip with my friends I did notice that my friends gravitated to the blush and it looked so good on them. So here are my picks for Blush according to light, medium, and dark.



It is easier to tell you what not to do while applying blush than how to apply it here goes: Do not apply close to the nose, on the apples of your cheek this technique too much, and in a C around the eye and please do not use bronzer as blush.



*The best tip: Apply blush before all other make up for the best results and the most natural look. This technique gives you the well rested, glow and pop look. My favorite blush brush is MAC 116 the best.



Dark/Deep tones: The most flattering shades for deep and dark skin tones are plums, currants, mauve's and pinks. My picks MAC Pinkswoon, MAC Mineralized Blush in Love Joy and Gleeful. These can be found at http://www.maccosmetics.com/. Nars Super Orgasm, http://www.narscosmetics.com/, and Smashbox soft lights this one is so beautiful you won't stop looking at yourself in the mirror. This is a illuminating formula that compliments any skin tone. http://www.smashbox.com/.



Medium skin tones: The flattering shades for medium skin tones are plums, mauve's, pinks, coral and peach shades. If you fix in this category try: MAC Dolly Mix, Coppertone, Melba. www.maccosmetic.com.



Light skin tones: The flattering shades for light skin tones are coral, apricot, pink and gold. Try MAC CoyGirl, Tenderling http://www.maccosmetic.com/. NARS Super Orgasm and Soft Lights http://www.narscosmetics.com/.



What I'm most excited is a new make line by an African American Women is Color by Cynde Watson http://www.hsn.com/



These are so fabulous there lip pencils that are so creamy and silky that go on so effortlessly and look soooooooo good. These pencils create the perfect nude lip and you can mix and match the colors and it comes in a convenient case and sharpener. My pick would be the Nude Collection and I'm ordering the Pink Lip Color Lip Kit soon these pencils are absolutely fabulous and so easy to use. Smashbox has a similar product the Nude Lip Pencil love these paired with Untamed Lip gloss. These pencils compliment any skin tone and shade. We all can use them. Let me know what you think of these picks in the commet box. Oh, before I go this is Divalicious its a perfume atomizer that you can carry in your purse made of chocolate crystals by Brown Sugar by Justine Simmons simply FABU. http://www.hsn.com/

1 comment:

Ms.Keelii said...

Leah,
I so hate that you have a bum hand.. but DIVA!!! you have been giving some fabulous beauty tips!! Keep them coming cause I'm SOOO reading!!!